Tuesday 15 March 2011

My New Friend

One of my Christmas presents from Marco last year was a new camera. He gave me a voucher on Christmas Day and started shopping around for a good price on the one I told him I lusted after. A little while ago, on a Saturday morning, the postman knocked and gave me this:


Marco had not told me he had ordered anything for himself, and when I realized what size and weight the box was, I got excited. I yelled upstairs: "DID YOU ORDER THE CAMERA???!?!" Marco was getting dressed and could not be pushed for answers. So I sat on the sofa, placed the box in front of me and waited for him to get down. He finally entered the living room, went straight to the box and handed it to me with big smile and a "Merry Christmas"! My camera WAS in the box!!! 


And here it is, my brand new Canon 60D SLR. Isn't it beautiful!? It came with a EF-S 18-135 mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS lens with image stabilizer. And it means that I have to learn about photography all over again, because having this SLR made me realize that all I ever did before was really only point-and-shoot.


So I hope that y'all are going to be patient with me over the next few weeks, in which I will practice lots, take as many photos as I can and hopefully get good at using my new toy!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

I love reading what you think and comments make me happy. I usually reply by email, so look here if you need to know how to sneak me your address!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.